- He/She is responsible for the cleanness behind the bar desk and He/She has to assist the Barkeeper in each requested matter.
- The Assistant Barkeeper reports directly to the Barkeeper. The entire bar staff are subordinate to the Bar Manager.
- Subordinate Personnel
- Bar Waiters/Waitresses
- Bar boy
Areas of Responsibility
- He/She ensures that the brand ordered by the passenger is served to the passenger.
- He/She cleans the bar counter, tables and places chairs in an orderly position and keeps the entire area clean and tidy at all times.
- He/She passes on any complaints from passengers to the Bar Manager.
- He/She keeps a log book to note the opening and closing hours and any unusual incidents and complaints.
Beverage Stock Control
- Inventory controls will be carried out without any prior notice.
- He/She ensures that all goods are safe and securely stored in order to prevent damages.
Staff Training and Control
- He/She trains and supervises His/Her staff on a permanent basis in order that they perform their duties properly.
- He/She instructs new crew members in their working areas and informs them of the rules and regulations on board.
- He/She establishes Work Schedules for His/Her staff and plans their duties accordingly for the approval of the Bar Manager.
- He/She establishes a good working spirit and is cooperative with all other departments.
- He/She is fully responsible for maintaining the indicated beverage stock at all times.
- He/She follows the established routines for requisitioning stores and ensures that Customs requirements are fulfilled during the sealing of stores while in Port.
- He/She is aware that Inventory controls will be carried out without any prior notice.
- He/She uses the correct measures for all drinks.
- He/She ensures that all goods are safe, and securely stored in order to prevent damages.
- He/She assists in storage and luggage handling whenever requested.
Accounting Control and Procedures
- He/She makes himself/herself familiar with the accounting procedures which will be instructed by His/Her Superior.
- He/She is responsible for the proper handling of the cash-register and the registration of all beverages sold.
- Complete honesty is required at all times. No Bar staff member is to give or no Bar Waiter/Waitress is to receive any drink from the Bar without the drink being properly rung-up on the cash register.
- The Bar cheque should be presented to each party after completing service.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- He/She is responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters regarding his/her bar.
- He/She handles all working material and equipment correctly and keeps it well cleaned.
- He/She reports all necessary repairs to his/her Superior and follows up on repairs.
- He/She is familiar with proper sanitation procedures and follows the U.S.P.H. requirements.
- As our Company grows, our need for loyal, skilled management increases and, therefore, bar personnel have every opportunity of promotion to higher positions.
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company, therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.
- Approach passengers in a friendly manner, show a helpful attitude at all times, always have a smile and be courteous and pleasant.
- Have a neat, clean personal appearance and pay special attention to grooming and hygiene care. Wear clean uniform and shoes, always use a deodorant, cologne and mouth wash.
- Be punctual when reporting for duty and follow the work schedules.