- He/She is responsible for the immediate working area and/or as the Executive Chef delegates.
- The Assistant Cook reports directly to the First Cook. The entire Galley Staff is subordinate to the Executive Chef and ultimately to the Hotel Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- He/She assists during the preparation, cooking and presentation of food for officers, crew and staff to the agreed and established standards, and to the satisfaction of the officers, crew and staff.
- He/She assists the Executive Chef, First and Second Cooks in the preparation and presentation of all pax food.
- He/She prepares and cooks food to the highest standards to ascertain an efficient Food Service
- He/She ensures that all food items prepared and served are according to established standards and practices.
- He/She is anxious to minimize spoilages and utilize food surpluses
- He/She recommends changes in the Crew Menu to the Executive Chef
- He/She is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures
- He/She is available to work overtime if requested o He/She takes part in storage whenever requested
- Cleaning, peeling, cutting of all food items according to the company’s standard and assuring efficient food service.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- He/She is responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of his/her working area and/or as delegated by the Executive Chef.
- He/She handles all working material and equipment correctly and keeps it well cleaned.
- He/She reports all necessary repairs to his/her Superior.
- He/She is familiar with proper sanitation procedures and follows D.S. Public Health requirements.
- As our Company grows, so will our need for loyal, skilled management. Therefore our Galley personnel have every opportunity of promotion to higher positions.
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company; therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.