- He/She is responsible for the service at the bars and for the area outside the respective Bars.
- The Barkeeper reports directly to the Bar Manager. In the absence of the Barkeeper the Asst. Barkeeper takes over His/Her responsibilities.
- Bar Waiters/Waitresses
- bar boy
Areas of Responsibility
- He/She is responsible for the bar service and beverage sales in and outside the respective Bar.
- He/She is responsible for the bar stock of beverages
- He/She follows the Inventory Control Procedures.
- He/She registers and controls all beverage sales on the passengers' accounts.
- He/She follows beverage requisition procedures.
- He/She is responsible for reporting and following up on maintenance and repairs and for the cleanliness of the bar he/she is assigned to.
- He/She is responsible for the training and supervision of the bar staff assigned to him/her.
Overall Bar Service
- All bars must be clean, orderly and properly prepared prior to bar opening.
- He/She is responsible for maintaining all bars, lounges and pantries and for an efficient service to the passengers.
- He/She always presents a clean Bar List to the passengers and has sufficient Bar Lists on stock.
- He/She has a complete knowledge of all drinks listed.
- He/She is aware that it is against Company Rules to work without a shot glass.
- The proper glass and garnitures must be used for each drink.
- He/She must prepare or mix drinks in front of passengers when served from the bar.
- He/She ensures that the brand ordered by the passenger is served.
- He/She cleans the bar counter, tables and ash-trays, places chairs and tables in orderly positions and keeps the entire area clean and tidy at all times.
- He/She passes on any complaints from passengers to the Bar Manager.
- As our Company grows, so will our need for loyal, skilled management and, therefore, bar personnel have every opportunity of promotion to higher positions.
- Notice and check all beverage transfers from Bartender to Bartender.
- All Bars must be ready for business not later than 10 minutes before opening.
- Ordering goods from Provision storerooms in a timely manner and use of appropriate forms.
Staff Training and Control
- He/She trains and supervises His/Her staff on a permanent basis in order that they perform their duties in a proper manner.
- He/She establishes a good working spirit and is cooperative with all other Bar Staff.
- Inventory/Stock Control
- He/She is responsible for maintaining the indicated beverage stock at all times.
- He/She follows the established routines for requisitioning of stores and ensures that Customs requirements are fulfilled during sealing of stores while in Port.
- Inventory controls will be carried out without any prior notice.
- He/She uses the correct measures for all drinks.
- He/She ensures that all goods are safe, and securely stored, to prevent damages.
Accounting Control and Procedures
- He/She is responsible for the proper handling of the cash-register and the registration of all beverages sold.
- Complete honesty is required at all times. No Barkeeper is to give any drink from the Bar without the drink being properly registered on the Bar cheque.
- The Bar cheque should be presented to each party after completing service.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- He/She is responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of all bars.
- He/She ensures that everybody in his/her Bar fulfils those requirements.
- Prior to service, He/She cleans all tables, cleans and brushes chairs and sofas, cleans ash-trays and places a Bar List on each table.
- He/She handles all working material and equipment correctly and keeps it well cleaned.
- He/She reports any necessary repairs to the Bar Manager and follows up on repairs.
- He/She follows the OS Public Health requirements and is familiar with their sanitation procedures.
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company, therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.
- Approach passengers in a friendly manner, show a helpful attitude at all times, always have a smile and be courteous and pleasant.
- Have a neat, clean personal appearance and pay special attention to grooming and hygiene care. Wear clean uniform and shoes, always use a deodorant, cologne and mouth wash.
- Be punctual when reporting for duty and follow the work schedules.