- Preparation and baking of all bread items in the baker´s department, according the established standards and passenger satisfaction is his/her major responsibility.
- The Chief Baker reports directly to the First Cook. The entire galley staff is subordinate to the Executive Chef and ultimately to the Hotel Manager.
- 2nd Cook
- 3rd Cook
Areas of Responsibility
- He/She is responsible for the immediate working area and/or as the Executive Chef delegates.
- He/She is responsible for the preparation of bread, rolls and other typical bakery products. Food Service and Cleaning Procedures for the section assigned to him.
- He/She is responsible for all food storerooms including fridge and freezer in his/her section.
- He/She is responsible for maintenance and cleaning in the respective section.
- He/She takes part in food storage (quality and quantity controls) when required.
- He/She maintains the high standard presentation of food and buffets, together with the Executive Chef further he/she is responsible for planning, directing, controlling, cooking and co-ordination.
- He/She participates in all kitchen activities to the agreed standards and to the complete satisfaction of the passengers.
- He/She is responsible for the preparation and cooking of bakery products to the highest standards to ascertain an efficient food service.
- He/She assures that all bakery items are prepared and served according to established standards and practices.
- He/She is eager to minimize spoilages and utilize food surpluses.
- He/She trains his/her personnel in the bakery on a continuous basis.
- He/She forwards suggestions for improvements in raw material, menus, cost savings and equipment.
- He/She makes sure that all buffets are well presented.
- He/She assures that all food requests are executed to the fullest satisfaction of the passenger in accordance with the Company's policies.
- He/She is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- He/She performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day.
- He/She is prepared to work overtime if requested.
- Attending daily meetings with the Executive Sous-Chef.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- The Chief Baker is responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters for his/her section, fridges etc.
- He/She ensures that all his/her bakery staff members fulfil these requirements and follows-up on their performance.
- He/She handles all working material and equipment with the necessary care and keeps it well cleaned.
- He/She reports all necessary repairs to his/her Superior and follows-up on repairs.
- He/She should be familiar with proper sanitation procedures and follow the Public Health requirements.
- As our Company grows, so will our need for loyal, skilled management. Therefore our Galley personnel have every opportunity of promotion to higher positions.
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company; therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.