- The major job is to wash china, cutlery and equipment in the dish wash, to avoid breakage.
- All Dishwashers working in the Galley report directly to the First Cook. The entire kitchen staff including the Dishwasher is subordinate to the Executive Chef and ultimately to the Hotel Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- He/She is responsible for the dish wash area.
- He/She washes properly all china, silver and glassware. If requested he/she cleans all pots, pans and equipment, etc. too, as well as the general cleaning of galley.
- He/She cleans and sanitizes the whole galley, fridge, freezer, including floors, walls, steps leading below and elevator according the USPH standard.
- He/She assists in all work as delegated by the Executive Chef.
- He/She is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- He/She takes part in storage of food when required.
- He/She takes part in luggage handling when required.
- He/She performs other duties if necessary, since above stated describe only a regular working day.
- He/She assists in loading and unloading during the storage of food, beverages, consumables etc.
- He/She is available to work overtime if requested.
- Minimize breakage.
- Check daily the water temperatures and report immediately differences to the superior.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- He/She is responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of his/her working area and/or as delegated by the Chef.
- He/She handles all working material and equipment with the necessary care and keeps it well cleaned.
- He/She reports all necessary repairs to his/her Superior.
- He/She is familiar with proper sanitation procedures and follows U.S. Public Health requirements.
Daily Routines for Utility/Cleaner – Galley
- Washes china, glasses, utensils and equipment
- Cleans vegetables, potatoes and salads as required by Cooks
- Assists Cooks as required
- Washes pots, pans, utensils and equipment if required
- Assists Cooks as required
- Assists service staff in returning luncheon items
- Washes, rinses and sanitizes whole galley after lunch including floor
- Washes china, glasses utensils and equipment
- Assists Cooks as needed
- Checks all fridges, freezers and stores
- Cleans and arranges them
- Washes, rinses and sanitizes whole galley after dinner including floor
Following duties to be followed according to Executive/Chef
- General cleaning
- Cleans out all fridges, freezers and storeroom, then washes, rinses and sanitizes them
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company; therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.