- Be friendly to all passengers and accept that they are coming for each reason.
- Never say “NO” to a passenger, in case of critical situations call your superiors (Chief Purser or Hotel Manager).
- List in a clear way all the positive and negative matters which passengers are bringing to you.
- Co-operate with all the other departments.
- Receptionist reports to the Chief Receptionist.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work very close with all the other Head of Department.
- Be friendly and smart on the phone.
- Check the cleanness and the standard of your personnel uniforms.
- Follow up the orders which are instructed by the Chief Purser – Support him/her in all requested matters (Pax comment cards – Preparation of lists – Passenger cash procedures)
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company, therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- Don’t use too much jewellery and too much make up.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.