- He/She is responsible for the immediate working area and/or as the Executive Chef delegates. He/She has to assist all the cooks in the required matters.
- The Third Cook reports directly to the Sous Chef. The entire Galley Staff is subordinate to the Executive Chef and ultimately to the Hotel Manager.
- In the absence of the Second Cook, the Third Cook will take over his/her duties.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- He/She is responsible to assist during the preparation of food and buffets.
- He/She assists during prepares and cooking of food.
- He/She ensures that all food items prepared and served are according to established standards and practices.
- He/She is anxious to minimize spoilages and utilize food surpluses.
- He/She forwards to the First Cook suggestions for improvements in raw materials, menus, cost savings and equipment.
- He/She is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- He/She performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day.
- He/She is available to work overtime if requested.
- He/She takes part in the storage of food items when required.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- He/She is responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters of his/her working area and/or as delegated by the Executive Chef.
- He/She handles all working material and equipment correctly and keeps it well cleaned.
- He/She reports all necessary repairs to his/her Superior.
- He/She is familiar with proper sanitation procedures and follows Public Health requirements.
- As our Company grows, so will our need for loyal, skilled management. Therefore, our Galley personnel have every opportunity of promotion to higher positions.
- Cleans and sanitize his/her work station according to standard sanitation practices
- The appearance of the entire personnel on board the ship reflects the reputation and image of the company; therefore a great deal of emphasis is placed on a professional appearance.
- The Company expects you to maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- If in passenger areas full uniform is to be worn: hat, scarf, jacket, name tag, pants and proper shoes.
- Have a clean neat personal appearance.
- Special attention to grooming, hygiene care and clean and proper uniforms and shoes.
- Hair must be well groomed, neat and not extend over the shirt collar and always be kept clean.
- A moustache is acceptable if kept neatly trimmed.
- Big earrings and big necklaces are not to be worn on duty and more than one moderate size ring is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty.